Event is in a week and I’m facing yet another spree of panic sewing. Why? Could somebody please finally explain why this happens over and over again? And again. And again.
I will risk loosing my face and publish my to-do list.
- Put the final touches on a white woolen undercote: finish a few seam allowances, attach 24 tiny buttons to the sleeves, make a silk braid for lacing
- Sew a checked surcote and start by cutting the fabric
- Make a cloak I can survive watching the tourney out in the cold with – I have the fabric but haven’t decided on the model
- Make new cornettes – luckily someone else is weaving the silk braid for it
- Put the final touches on the young man’s pants: finish the seam allowances and fix the waist
- Maybe sew a pair of pants for the younger man too, since the last pair is (again) gone
Whoah. That doesn’t sound too bad, does it? I wasn’t planning on sleeping next week anyway.
(Maybe I wont waste too much time on finding a nice image for this post either.)